Taking care for a baby means buying packages and packages of baby wipes, right? How about a more sustainable solution which will not clog the city pipes and will actually be gentle to our baby soft skin and kind to our wallet?
Sounds too good to be true? Wait until I tell you that this actually requires no sewing and is super easy to make!
What you need for the baby wipes set?
- Gentle fabric (cotton, fleece, flannel) – I choose fleece as it requires no sewing and is very soft
How to make the reusable baby wipes?
- I cut around 25-30 wipes (about a size of a disposable wet wipe -> 15×20 cm).
- As I used fleece, I did not have to sew around the edges, but if you choose cotton or flannel, you might want to do it to prevent the wipes from unraveling.
- When it is time to change the diaper, just spray the solution onto the wipe, wipe away and throw it into the laundry bag. It’s that easy!
What you need for the wipe solution?
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tea spoon coconut oil
- 1 tea spoon baby wash
- A spray bottle
How to make the wipe solution?
- Put the water to boil
- Add in the coconut oil and baby wash to it and stir well.
- Pour the solution into your spray bottle.
- Spray at your reusable baby wipes and clean your baby’s bum.
We have been using this method for the last 5 months and it has been very gentle to our baby’s soft skin and kind to our Nature. Hurray!