You can prepare this recipe for about 30 minutes and with minimal efforts, the result is worth it.
What we need for this recipe? (3 portions)
200 gr rice
2 garlic cloves
300 gr potatoes
2 TB spoons tomato sauce (passata)
2-3 TB spoons soy/oat milk (unsweetened)
100 gr mushrooms
150 gr spinach (frozen or fresh)
100 gr cooked chickpeas (1/2 of a can)
salt and pepper
How to prepare it?
- Peel and cut the onions and garlic to small pieces..
- Peel and cut the potatoes, carrots and mushrooms to pieces.
- Wash and cut the spinach if using fresh. Otherwise we take out of the freezer about 150 gr spinach.
- In a deep pot put the garlic, onions, about a tea spoon from the curry spice, as well as a dash of salt and pepper. Add a bit of water or olive oil to cook them.This is what it looks like after adding the water
- Once the onions start look transparent, add the carrots and potatoes. Cover with water at the level of the vegetables – it should look like this:
- After the water starts boiling, reduce the heat and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes soften.С
- Cook the rice as per the instructions on the package and add some salt to it.
- When the potatoes get soft, add the mushrooms, chickpeas, spinach, tomato sauce and the milk. Cook another 7 minutes until the aromas of all ingredients combine well. The water might have evaporated, so add some milk or water to adjust the consistency to the desired one.
- Once the rice is cooked, put it into 3 deep dishes or bowls.
- When the curry is cooked, serve it on top of the rice.
Good luck and enjoy!