Pasta appears frequently on our menu, partly due to the fact that it is extremely fast and easy to prepare, partly because it tastes so good. Here we are sharing a go-to recipe which also has the hidden benefit of being quite healthy. We hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we do!
What we need for this recipe? (2 portions)
200 gr pasta (here we are using whole wheat penne, but you can use your favourite type instead)
350 ml tomato puree (passata)
1-2 garlic cloves
100 gr mushrooms
Salt, pepper, oregano and/or basil
*optional if the tomato puree is too sour, ½ TB spoon of honey/sugar/agave syrup
How to prepare it?
- Put around 2 L of water to a boil in a deep pot. We will use this for the pasta.
- Cut the garlic, onion and carrots to small pieces.
- In a wok or a deeper frying pan put the onion, garlic and carrots together with some water or olive oil. Mix well.
- When the water in the pot is boiling, add some salt and the pasta and cook as per the instructions on the package (usually around 10 minutes or so). Do not cover the pot.
- Cut the mushrooms to small pieces.
- When the onion in the wok/frying pan starts to look translucent, add in the mushrooms, the tomato puree, salt, pepper and the herbs of choice. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the pasta is ready, strain it and put it into two bowls.
- Cautiously taste the tomato sauce and check if sweetener is needed and if that’s the case, add some and mix well.
- Pour the tomato sauce on the pasta and we are ready.
Good luck and Enjoy!